From time to time, families and people in them may benefit from trained professional counselors who are well grounded in their faith. Here are some resources that are recommended by the Marriage Reality Movement.
Phone or Internet therapy offered
- Pastoral Solutions Institute: Provides telephone counseling **
- CatholicPhsych Institute: Provides range of services including counseling by Skype. **
- Divorce Busting: Trained coaches supporting couples who want to save their marriage.
- Catholic Therapist Directory: National directory of Catholic therapist - "Sound phsychology, solid faith, real healing."
- Ruah Woods Psychological Services: Cincinnati **
- Thriving Families: Orange County California. In addition to therapy, seminars and lectures are offered as well. **
- Holy Family Counseling Center: Duluth, Georgia. Counseling from a Catholic Christian perspective.
- National Registry of Marriage Friendly Therapists: Paid registry of prescreened therapists who share the common goal to help save your relationship.
Other Support Resources
- Retrouvaille: A program to help couples heal and renew their marriages
- The Alexander House: Couples coaching and couple to couple marriage mentoring **
- Institute for Marital Healing : Strengthening Marriages and Families **
- Child Healing **
- The Catholic's Divorce Survival Guide: Ministering to the emotional and spiritual needs of the separated and divorced. **
- BAN – Beyond Affairs Network: Local support network for people recovering from the devastating experience of a spouse’s affair.
- Compassion Power: Addressing domestic anger and violence
- Courage: A ministry with local chapters for people struggling with same-sex attractions **
- Encourage: Support group with local chapters dedicated to the spiritual needs of parents, siblings, children, and other relatives and friends of persons who have same-sex attractions. **
- Emmaus Ministry for Grieving Parents
** Organizations with whom the Marriage Reality Movement has a direct relationship
Please send recommendations for other resources for helping families with relationship or emotional difficulties. Include details, the basis for the recommendation and complete contact information. CONTACT US